LEED AP, ID+C
A well-diversified architectural designer specializing in university, healthcare, and high-end residential design. Exceptional skills in interiors; furnishings, furniture, and equipment; construction administration, signage and wayfinding; research, and design.
Stonehill & Taylor Architects 2014 - Current
Project Manager 2017
Club Quarters Philadelphia
Club Quarters Boston
Club Quarters San Francisco
Club Quarters Trafalgar Square, London, UK
Club Quarters Midtown, New York, NY
Club Quarters Rockefeller Center, New York, NY
Club Quarters Wall St, New York, NY
Club Quarters Washington DC
W 28th Street Moxy, New York, NY
W 36th Street Crowne Plaza, New York, NY
Club Quarters Appold St, London, UK
40 Trinity, Boston, MA
The Asbury, Asbury Park, NJ
Hospitality Design Best in Show: Midscale Hotel - The Asbury
Hospitality Design Best in Show: Midscale Hotel Guestrooms and Suites - The Asbury Hotel
Hospitality Design Best in Show: Midscale Public Space - The Asbury Hotel
The Whitby, New York, New York
Helpern Architects 2012 - 2014
Project Architect and Interior Architect
Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
Project Architect, Interior Designer, and Project Manager for the Yale Sterling Memorial Library Technical Services Renovations, B02 Renovations, and Nave Restoration: 2012 – 2014
Renovation and mechanical upgrades to the Yale Sterling Memorial Library, an old Gothic Style church.
· Project Architect from schematic design through construction administration, interiors, furniture, furnishings and equipment, specifications writing for Axminster Carpet & custom furniture.
2015 NYS AIA Merit Award
December 26, 2014 New York Times
Lomonaco & Pitts Architects, P.C., Troy, New York 2003 –2010
Project Architect and Interior designer
Central Massachusetts Psychiatric Facility, Worcester, MA
Staff Architect, Interior Designer, and Project Manager for the Signage and Wayfinding: 2005 – 2010
New LEED Gold Registered, 425,000 s.f., 320 bed, state-of-the-art Psychiatric Facility on the existing Worcester State Campus.
· Main team member from schematic design through construction document delivery, and responsible for Furniture Finishes & Equipment in all high risk patient areas.
· Product research for LEED and Patient Safety compliance.
· Researched, designed, and managed signage and wayfinding package in facility and on campus.
New York State Office of Mental Health, Albany, NY
Lead Researcher: 2005 – 2010
Development of an ongoing research, evaluation, and documentation of architectural products, furniture, furnishings, and equipment approved by the New York State Office of Mental Health for usage and application in New York State Psychiatric Facilities.
· Researched available products for high risk patient areas.
· Coordinated with manufacturers in modifying products suitable for high risk environments.
· Managed the New York State Office of Mental Health Patient Safety Guidelines document.
Hudson Mohawk Recovery Center, Troy, NYProject Architect: 2010
Relocation and fit-up of a recovery center from a rental space to newly purchased property. The existing building was neglected and needed major upgrades for energy efficiency, renovations, and addition to meet the needs of the Recovery Center.
· Designed and delivered construction documents for the renovations and addition.
Emma Willard School, Troy, NY
Project Architect: 2006 – 2008
Renovation of campus mansions to return the Head of School’s Residence to campus, addition of faculty and student housing. Re-branding of school by updating signage and wayfinding on campus.
· Co-led the production of documents on a fast-paced multiple contract project made available for the upcoming school years
· Designed and planned phasing for cost effective campus signage reflecting school’s new image.
· Executed construction administration
Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, NY
Project Architect: 2004 – 2008
Term contract with HVCC; new campus Administration Building; new Hudson Hall Art Studio Addition; Renovations to Highbee Hall and Hy Rosenblum Center; Science Lab Fume Hood Replacement; Roof and Roof Top Unit Replacement to Fitzgibbons Hall and Williams Hall; oversaw the reconstruction of Williams Access Road.
· Produced full set of construction documents of new Hudson Hall Addition (Project Architect), project bid, on hold.
· Schematic design through construction administration for Highbee Hall, Hy Rosenblum Center, Fume Hood Replacement, Roof and RTU replacement to Fitzgibbons Hall and Williams Hall
· Executed construction administration for the reconstruction of Williams Access Road.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
Project Architect: 2004
Historic restoration of the front entrance to the School of Architecture Greene Building and modern installation of secondary vestibule entry doors.
· Coordinated with alumni manufacturer (Pilkington) and School for a system donation and installation.
· Produced full set of construction documents.
urban a+o, New York, NY | Cambridge, MA
2000 – 2003
§ Project architect and Interior designer
§ Lead researcher
Assaly Residence, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Staff Architect: 2002
Master bedroom suite and roof garden addition.
Harvard Graduate School of Design Department of Lectures and Exhibitions, Cambridge, MA
§ Consultant for exhibit design and construction
Harvard Excellence in Design Award, Cambridge, MA
Project Architect, Curator-Assistant: 2002
J Mays 2002 Harvard Excellence in Design Award Exhibition in collaboration with Ford Motor Company.
· Assisted in designing exhibition of J Mays’ work.
· Designed and engineered main exhibit display pieces.
· Led different crews through design, manufacturing, and installation for the main display pieces.
New York University, New York, NY, 2011
Certificate in Building Information Modeling
Bachelor of Architecture, 2000
Bachelor of Science in Building Sciences, 2000
Thesis: FormAsia: Digital Cartographies for Shanghai – Rethinking the development and design of the urban fabric with re-interpretations of digital imagery.
Roman Studies Program, Fall 1998
Semester abroad focusing on the history and cartographic growth of Rome.
Anticipated completion 2015
§ BIM/CAD: Revit, DataCad, AutoCad
§ Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design
§ Microsoft: Office, Project Standard;
§ 3D: SketchUp, Form Z, Rhino
§ AIA Eastern New York Chapter Design, Excellence Award, 2008Hudson Valley Community College Administration Building.
§ AIA Eastern New York Chapter Design, Merit Award, 2008Massachusetts Psychiatric Facility in association with Ellenzweig.
§ Rhode Island Magazine, Bronze Prize for Renovation, 2001Richard Wasserman Residence
§ San Francisco 2000 Prize, Short Listed Top 10 of 112 entries, 2000
Harvey Milk Memorial Plaza
§ Open House New YorkVolunteered at the Family OHNY Event teaching children ages 5-13 about architecture.
§ Capital District Habitat for HumanityDesigned, fund-raised, and built a sustainable home.
§ Capital District Community Gardens of Upstate New York
Fund-raised for the promotion of neighborhood improvement through community gardening, healthy food access and urban greening programs.
§ American Institute of Architects
New York Chapter: Associate Member, 2010 – ongoing
Eastern New York: Associate Member, 2009 - 2010